Wednesday, April 4, 2012

tarte LipSurgence™ lip tint Review!

Hey! So as most of you know I received a tarte LipSurgence™ lip tint in my Birchbox last month. It was SO exciting to see because I've been meaning to try it for a long time. A lot of people who got the shade "Lucky" which is what I got weren't thrilled, and I definitely understand why. The shade is really hard to match on anyones skin tone. It's a REALLY barbie doll pink. I'm not usually into those kinds of colors, BUT I am really into matte shades, and this is the only one out of the collection that Birchbox sent out that is matte(I actually don't think they are even selling the shade "Lucky" anymore) /: boo.

Anyway so, what I did with it, since I figured the color was a bit too bright for me, was I 1st put chapstick on(so that my lips were smoother and it applied more evenly). Then I put the LipSurgence™ lip tint ONLY on the center of my lid, but I put a good amount of it on. Then I put some nude lipgloss over it, and I found that this was the perfect way to wear it!
It makes my lips look fuller, the bright pink isn't over-bearing, and the chapstick/LipSurgence duo REALLY bring moisture to my lips. The LipSurgence is suppose to increase lip moisture by like 6000% or some crazy high number like that. I definitely did feel a difference, my lips feel very smooth.

The tarte LipSurgence™ lip tint can be found here and it costs $24/ea. I think besides "Lucky" my favorite shades would be: Spirited, Joy and Lust.

To check out Birchbox(which I think it AMAZING, the best sample subscription services out there in my opinion) click here.


Which color is your favorite and how do you usually wear your LipSurgence™ lip tint?

Sorry about the blur!! My iPhoto went crazy :p


No comments:

Post a Comment