Saturday, December 18, 2010

Case # 2: Busy busy busy and stressed

So I just got finished with my finals and my 3rd semester @UConn! It's my last semester there too. I'll be attending CCSU this coming semester which I think is the right decision. I don't want to go to UConn Storrs..I have a life here. Maybe not an amazing one, but I do have an amazing boyfriend, a job(which isn't the best @ times, but I feel comfortable there and know what I'm doing, and I have a place to live here. Why would I want to leave? I love West Hartford. Unfortunately I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. I'd LOVE to become a makeup artist but I know that's not possible. I just love makeup and the application of it, and the face as a canvas is just beautiful to me.

The plan is to go to CCSU, enter into their nursing program(which is known to be a pretty good program) and graduate with a bachelors in nursing. Then go on to graduate school to become a PA or some kind of a nurse. We'll see hwo that works out. I know that's what will "work out best" for me. I'm just worried it isn't what will make me happiest /:

One of the biggest problems in America(I feel) is that we are just too rushed to make all these HUGE life decisions that we have to make. I've never had a break to just try to figure out what I want and who I am. So now I'm stuck. I owe all kinds of money for school, and I'm just wasting my time because I'm going into my 4th semester and I'm not even in a major yet /:

My verdict is that I have no idea what my verdict is!!! That's the problem. It should be mandatory that all students take a year off to do something productive and to TRY to figure themselves out. I'm not saying it's necessarily possible to figure yourself out within a year, or maybe it could take LESS then a year but we should all be given the opportunity without society looking down upon us. OR they should make the 1st year of college free, OR really really cheap so we still get credit, but can figure everything out. 

WISH ME LUCK! and good luck to all my fellow confused college students :D

No comments:

Post a Comment