Saturday, November 17, 2012

NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact

As I mentioned in my previous post, I got the Beauty Blogger Voxbox from Influenster. It's a FREE box that we get for participating in past boxes and being active in social media.

The next product I'm reviewing is the NYC Individual Eyes Custom Compact:


According to the Influesnter and NYC, here is a description of the product:

"Straight from the city that never sleeps, NYC New York Color offers products with uptown style at down-to-earth prices, from $.99 - $4.99. The energy, style, and color of New York City shines through the wide range of shades, textures and innovative products. NYC always delivers the most on-trend products & shades hot off the runway!"

"NYC New York Color's all-in-one compact gives you everything you need for a complete eye look: primer, illuminator, applicator and complementing shadows. With four vibrant colors designed for your eye color, you can create a look as individual as you are!"

This is the product I liked least in my VoxBox. I do like the colors that are in it, however, I don't see how it is very individualized for peoples eyes. Also, the pigmentation of the shadows are nice, but the layout of the palette makes it so the shadow dust gets into the illuminator and primer. The thing I liked the least in this palette are the illuminator and the primer. They just did not work well. The primer was way too oily for me, and the illuminator just didn't work. It made my eyeshadow look worse.

Overall, for the price($4.99) the product isn't horrible, but I wouldn't purchase this for myself. How do you guys feel about this palette(those of you who have tried it?)

1 comment:

  1. i actually tried it, and for the price i thought it would be very good, at first i liked the lay out hen everything was mixing, i had the same problems, and the primer was to oily, and the pigments were terrible, to dry and hard, and gliterry.

    ReplyDelete